About the GGZ Gaming Zone
Founded in early 2000, GGZ has grown from a simple network game architecture to a versatile
online gaming center, entirely based on Free Software (Open Source).
With its integrated player ranking system and features such as game spectators, player
invitations, guest players and the surrounding chat system, it makes game module development
an easy task. Even more so since several game support libraries have been written.
Projects like GNOME Games and
KDE Games and
several other game projects use
GGZ to get a powerful multiplayer infrastructure.
The article 5 years of GGZ
contains a few funny stories about the history of GGZ.
Detailed licencing information can be found at the
legal stuff page.
- 16 packages (SVN modules) available, plus a Windows port
- 19 game engines and 27 game clients can provide hours of fun
- Support for KDE/Qt, GNOME/Gtk+, SDL and browser games
- More than 170,000 lines of code in C, C++, Python and Java
- More than 800 registered players on GGZ Community